You know how sometimes your kids do something that you know you should not allow- but its so cute that you have to hush that inner voice for just a few minutes? Yeah...thats when I run for the camera! Grace & Jack are truly best buds. I love to watch them...and, this was fun to witness!
In their fun and make believe, they decided to learn how to fly! And how better to do that than to don fairy wings and well...go for it. As they "flew" further and further...they just knew they were getting the hang of it. You know, when you think back to childhood memories...you don't think about sitting quietly on the floor coloring or playing legos...you recall building forts, running in a game of tag at dusk, trying to throw balls over the garage, or shooting baskets in the house when you maybe weren't supposed to. Those were the "fun" things. And now I realize, my parents told us to quit sometimes, but yet were lax in the carry thru; when on other things they put their foot down and glued it there never to be lifted again. You see, its because they remember those things, too....and, they knew we were having fun, safe at home, maybe getting close to the line but with no mal intent...so, as long as you didn't cross the line with both feet, well, they let you continue.
In their defense, I don't discourage their creativity, and taking pictures probably
eggs them on, but I'm ok with that, this chapter won't last long
so I'm soaking it up!
In Grace's room hangs the following quote:
So come with me where dreams are born
and time is never planned-
Just think of many happy things,
and your heart will fly on wings forever
in Never Never Land.
-Peter Pan
and so, they fly, so.much.fun.
As for Will, the only way he flies is down the street in his red cozy coupe :)
No comments:
Post a Comment