picadilly

Monday, May 21, 2012

Well, I'm welcoming myself back to the blog world with a post a bit deeper in nature. Exciting though I think.

Ready.

Your strengths and your weaknesses are exactly the same.

No, she's crazy. Whatev. Boring....

No really, think about it. I'll go first: I'm a very "like to be in control" type person. Being out of control of any situation is very unsettling to me. I want to know it, master it, and pull it off with ease- or at least make it look that way. So, it is a great strength. For it makes me dominate most of my situations and encounters to a level that I may not if I wasn't so worried about it. Example: I cannot just send Grace to preschool. No, no.  I have to be room mom with a newborn, and sign up to work the auction, attend all field trips and bring home made cute pinterest like snacks for holidays. The "I need to be in control and master it" strength pushes me to levels that I later enjoy and feel proud of. However, I nearly have chest pain when my sweet husband loads the dishwasher the "wrong way", or ignores me when I tell him how to do something. I could just die. It has even caused arguments. Why? because it is my weakness, too.

Another example (and you'll know who you are ;) , what if you are frugal beyond frugalness. Your strength: you can pay cash for a car or even a house, and rest assured that you won't ever sweat a monthly bill. Your weakness: you can't spend 89 cents on a better can of beans when there is one on the shelf for 59 cents. You have your chest pain when you paid a full $30 for a something because you didn't spend a month shopping around for it for $20.

Or how about, you are the nicest, most giving, make it into heaven type person around. Your strength: Everyone loves you, you know everyone, and you feel great satisfaction in helping everyone. Your weakness: you are always helping everyone else to the point of fatigue and not having time for yourself.

Maybe you churn thing over and over and over in your mind. You fear those thoughts, think them through in logical lists in your mind and do it again before coming to a conclusion on what to do or say. Your strength: you never make a decision in haste and feel settled about it to some extent before its even seen through. Your weakness: you churn things over and over in your mind. They sit there, day after day, sometimes nawing at your heart or logic.

Are you starting to follow me? What is your strength? or better yet, we are always able to name our weaknesses, so what is your weakness? Now, free that weakness for it is your greatest strength. **Realize that no weakness can hold you back, it is only in your perception of this trait that you limit yourself.
Most of the time, you have to reign in your strength before it crosses the line to weakness. But sometimes, you must note your weakness, and step away from it, as uncomfortable as that may be. You must know your traits so you know when to step back or when to let it go...way out in front of you...to use that gift that was given to you. You, we, are all awesome, full of amazing traits and gifts that we try to hinder at times, or dominate at other times. why? Let them go, use them to their best ability and hold them back only before they cross that line! Awesome thought isn't it? I sure think so, and yes, it is sort of fieldsy but so is this blog (see post #1)

Think about your strengths and weakness and run with them! It will be an amazing journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment