picadilly

Friday, January 27, 2012

feel the rain


the eldest of the flock

the middle sheep
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet."
Bob Marley Yes, that is my latest favorite quote. It came to me through my addiction to Pinterest. Lovely Pinterest.  Sigh.    Anyway, "Some people feel the rain, others just get wet." I LOVE this. Rain, what a hassle, wet, bad hair day, less parking spots due to enormous puddles in the lots, looks gloomy. Or, RAIN! Watch it wet all the trees, and the grass who seem to look greener despite the gray skies. Hear it hitting the ground, or the chimney, yes, I love it! I always have.

However, for a brief moment, I thought: Oh great, two cooped up toddlers and a newborn...now what. I peered out the kitchen window pretending for a moment I couldn't hear the screaming argument transgressing in the t.v. room over some toy or another. I saw wet, muddy, gloom. And then I saw puddles....wait....puddles! Yes, thats it! "Hey guys, c'mon, lets put our boots on, we're going outside!" In as short of time as possible, I readied the baby, grabbed boots and jackets (and always the camera) and out we went.


Jack says "where are we goin' mom?" To stomp in the puddles, I say. His eyes get big and his little mouth is the perfect picture of surprise. Grace: "we can get wet mom?" Yep...you can, jump in the water, and let's throw rocks in the puddles to make big splashes. Grace: "Jack, let's go." They run, I follow...pushing the stroller and readying the camera.

It was glorious fun.

And at what price, a load of laundry...add it to the other mounds that are waiting and you won't even notice. Later tonight, I praised my little sheep on their marvelous splashes in the puddles and Jack says "mom, where's your boots? "  Hmmm, "I'll get some" I declared. Then I can play in that "field", too. Today, on this gloomy, rainy day, I helped them create a memory, maybe even a tradition...we felt the rain, we loved it, we welcome it again, anytime! I encourage you to seize the moment at your next opportunity and feel the rain, in whatever way that will be.

It will always be worth it.






No comments:

Post a Comment