picadilly

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Fields...

So, I will start by attempting to define "fields". I believe my sister coined the term many years ago and this would be quite appropriate. You see, she lives in the fields. Close your eyes, and imagine: hopeful, joyous music playing in the background while you twirl around (in slow motion) in a field of tall flowers, sunshine of course, head tilted back and smiling....the world couldn't be more perfect. Or: same music, same flowers and sunshine, two people running towards each other to meet in a hug and fall to the ground in happiness. Can you see this picture? Overflowing emotion, happiness to the core...if you can, if you have experienced this in your own way, then you have had your moment in "the fields".


I am a busy mom of my own flock: a 3 year old, a 2 year old, and a newborn. A flock of sweet little sheep that live in the fields, as sheep do. Remember being a kid, you were more in the fields than out of them. And as long as I can be the blessed shepherd to follow, nurture, and raise these sweet sheep, I, too, get to spend a lot of time in the fields.

I hope that this blog will remind me that while being a shepherd can be exhausting work, it is well worth the effort to experience "fields" with my family and have the photos and memories to prove it.

More to come,

one blessed shepherd












No comments:

Post a Comment