Have you ever heard an "old lady" say: just love them and they will be fine. It seems so simple, so "old fashioned". You may dismiss it as advice that worked in that generation but today, things are much more complicated...
they've accumulated over time. We learn to appreciate the fact that human nature doesn't change much even though scenarios may. We learn to respect that they have our best interest at heart and will only guide us on a path they feel is best for us. And so, when those sweet "old ladies" who raised their children way back when, say: just love them and they will be fine...I think they're onto something.
They must know, after all, many of "them" say that, and they've lived a lot of years and mothered and grand-mothered many children. May I digress a moment....by the time you get good at being a mom to newborns...you're usually done with that chapter, and I'm sure when you get a grip on how to raise a
![]() |
| Even young cousins can teach unconditional love, that is awesome. |
kids...to keep my skills sharp :) ) So, by the time you master the stages of child-rearing, and then break them out as a grandparent, you're awesome. And, you start to realize, it was the love that got those kids through all those stages...not the laundry, dishes, and gummy vitamins. It wasn't the matching outfits for their Christmas pictures or awesome birthday parties. On the other hand, it was those things because there was love behind them... it was that love that pushed them on, kept them growing.
And so, when times are rough, decisions are tough, frustration is high, and the sky seems to be falling...just love them, any which way you can, because that will keep them going, it will keep you going, and that's what
life is all about, right? I'm going to try it...more intentionally, from now on.
| That is the definition of an intentional hug. I can almost feel that love :) |
And any "old ladies" reading this blog can feel free to send any additional advice my way...I will gladly accept it :)...."old men" will do, too!

No comments:
Post a Comment