picadilly

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Angels Travel With Me

As a family, we take a lot of long road trips and the great majority of them are without Trent because someone has to pay the bills ;) . The kids and I will hop in the car any time we can and head to visit grandparents or seek out new adventure, head to the beach, the woods, whatever! My kids are great travelers because they've never not done it. Now, I know the dangers of road travel and I want to be as safe and careful as I can be. I am strict on the car seat laws and recommendations. To my kids:  maybe your friends sit in the front seat, maybe they don't use a booster seat anymore, but...but, those recommendations and laws are in place to keep you the safest you can be and by golly I'm following those to a T!

In addition to good car seats, I pray a lot. I take the two days before a big road trip and start lowering my anxiety level as much as possible. I let the little things go, I am methodical in planning, I take time to breathe and time to calm my mind. The most important goal in a road trip is getting their safely. This does not mean it won't take longer than expected, include major meltdowns or kids that get sick on the way- really sick, or that I will despise driving another moment...those are just side effects of a road trip. Getting their fast and on time are bonuses, getting there safely is the goal.

When I actually load everyone up and start driving (and I always drive because I get car sick), I pray. No one knows that I am. It is just a private conversation with God. I promise to do my best to be calm, alert, positive and open to hearing God. I ask him to please protect us, guide us, keep us safe. It is usually shortly after the cessation of that prayer that I sense their presence. I think THEY are our angels. I don't think about it, I just feel it and see it on the blank screen in my mind. I know how many there are, and what position they're in around my car.

What do I see? Well, kind of a flowing, transparent, wispy, white presence. I know whether they are around my car, in front of my car, or wherever. I just instantly sense them.

Is it always the same? Not at all. Usually there are as many angels as people in my car, but not always. Sometimes, there are more...and all usually white.

But this one time....I'd left Shreveport with the kids to celebrate 4th of July with my family in St. Louis, the summer of 2013. Our four white angels were there, roughly at the four corners of the car. But, on top of the car was a gray angel, more wispy. I'd never seen a gray one. What was that about? It was still a positive presence but less defined. Over time, I've come to enjoy, appreciate, expect their presence so I just thought to myself, "the more the merrier I guess". We had a wonderful trip. And when I got home to Shreveport a few weeks later, I took a test...Steven was on his way to this world. I truly believe that while I didn't realize it yet, Steven was already with us...he was already there, God was placing him into our lives and he needed protection in that car, too. Holy Moly that's crazy!

Another time, and this was before that last story about the gray angel...I was travelling with Jack, Grace and Will. I don't remember where we were going but as I'm driving along, I see the flashing lights ahead on the highway. On the other side of the highway, it was a huge accident, many, many flashing lights and cars backed up for miles. I prayed for all involved, I prayed that God would show his presence to those involved, the first responders and families that would soon receive a call. There were white sheets over bodies on the road....it was awful. As I passed, I sensed Grace and Jack's angels leave us! I sensed them leave us to go to that scene. My mind was thinking: "hey, wait, what about us?"! It was so suddend and I was amazed at what was transpiring. The angels that remained with us reassured me that we were covered and to stay alert. How do they do that? I don't know, it's like as soon as I had that thought, I knew the answer. Like my own mind answered me, yet, I didn't think up the answer. The two angels that left were needed there. When I tell you that all of these thoughts and feelings are happening in a few seconds, I promise they are. I even felt guilt for worrying about us when obviously those people needed those angels more. I didn't know what to think. I'd never travelled without our full fleet of angels. So, I told God that I trusted the plan and that I was glad for our angels to know to do what they needed to do. We would press on. Many hours later, almost like getting a chill or something jogging your memory, those two angels were back. I could tell there was communication or energy flowing between the two that came back and the two that had stayed with us. And then, peace. All was back to normal. Where had they gone exactly? What had they gone to do? I'll never know. I just felt so glad for them to be back.

I bet you have them, too. Ask God to help you see or feel his presence around you, maybe sometimes its in the presence of angels. Thank you God for keeping us safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment