Life has continued. I'm still in communication with God. I still get messages and recognize those "coincidences". But, I also still despise living away from family. Especially when all is not well. My dad has been struggling with health issues and to compound what he already has going on, prostate cancer has been added to the list.
Today's tale begins on a day I'd been praying for my dad to feel God's presence (January 8, 2018). I wanted him to know God was with him, that I was with him, in spirit. I prayed for my mom because caretakers and spouses work hard supporting, cheerleading and nurturing the one alongside them that is not well. They need support too.
This day, my dad had his first appointment with the oncologist since running all the necessary tests and blood work with regards to the prostate cancer. My kids were at school for the morning, I stayed busy but prayed along the way. I even stopped during the day and really channeled myself right into that appointment. I wanted my dad to feel my support, to encourage the doctor to be wise, patient and open to whatever God would put in his heart. I wanted to be there. Amazingly enough, I could "see" my Great Aunt Rosalie and Grandma Rosie in that room, too! My Aunt Rosalie was ready with questions, and was right beside, slightly behind, my dad. My Grandma Rosie was right beside and a little behind her. What you need to know is that those two amazing women are in heaven, I'm not sure anyone else knew they were there but I absolutely saw them and knew they were. I'll blog later about how I "see" things like that.
Anyway, I had to leave that prayer time to pick Steven up from school which is always a treat. To see your child give you a huge smile, jump in the car and immediately start recounting all the greatness of their day is an amazing feeling. He is full of joy, passionate and never stops. A cute,blonde bundle of energy. As we listened to preschool songs and talked about his day, I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that my mind was also drifting back to thoughts and worries about my dad. So, I kept talking to God: "please be with him, please make sure we all see you in this process, please calm my anxieties and use me however you need to make this process easier".
As we pulled in my neighborhood, my anxieties grew as I knew I could soon call and get an update from my parents. Again, I told God "please stay here, please be present". As I turned onto our side street (our house is a corner house), I see a giant bird swoop down over our house, over my car- like, literally, 6 feet above the hood of my car and my jaw dropped.
STEVEN, STEVEN, OH MY GOD, THAT'S A BALD EAGLE!!!! STEVEN LOOK, DO YOU SEE THAT??? OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD.
We stopped the car in the middle of the street. The bald eagle circled my house and over the street twice and then landed somewhere behind my house. I took pictures and kept screaming to the point that sweet 4 year old Steven says "Mom, its just a bald eagle". We pull in the driveway and I run in the house to get my good camera. I come back out, help Steven out of the car and urge him to come quick, God just sent us a message.
Behind my house is a small lake. On the hillside sloping down into the lake sat a majestic, huge bald eagle. Never have I seen a bald eagle in the wild and surely not at my house! It sat there, looked around and took off again.
I took a million pictures and watched in awe. It circled my house twice again-just my house, where we stood and watched- and then flew off behind my neighbors' homes towards the southeast. I was SHOCKED. I knew that was God's way of saying "I'm here, I'm watching over". Some may still say, coincidence, but I've had too many, at just the right times to use that word much anymore. I heard God, I thanked him, and I have pictures to remember it.
Remember this: You are never alone, God hears you. I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment